Posted by RLPA
Statement – Ongoing Discussions
The Rugby League Players’ Association (RLPA) CEO Clint Newton has issued the following statement.
“We are in ongoing discussions with the NRL and our members today regarding a range of employment matters that require clarification,” Newton said.
“We have requested further information and clear direction from the NRL and we are committed to continuing to work through this process in good faith.”
The RLPA remains focused on working towards the target date of May 28 for the resumption of the competition.
The key areas that the RLPA has requested confirmation on are:
- final proposal regarding the operation and enforcement of biosecurity and medical protocols;
- insurances and health protections in place for the players, club staff and officials who will be subject to the protocols;
- clear guidance on any health and safety regimes that will apply to the players, club staff and officials who are subject to the protocols;
- a plan for the wellbeing and welfare support for players and their families;
- medical and injury management support for players;
- transparency of the NRL revenues based on the revised 2020 NRL competition structure and the distribution of player payments;
- detail on Government approval for interstate and internationally based teams in relation to their travel, training and playing environment.