Posted by RLPA
Players select their 2022 Dream Team (NRLW)
The Rugby League Players Association (RLPA) is pleased to announce The Players’ Dream Team for the 2022 NRLW season – the best 13 players in their positions, as voted by the players.
The 2022 Players’ Dream Team for the NRLW competition is:
Fullback: Sam Bremner
Wing: Julia Robinson & Leianne Tufuga
Centre: Isabelle Kelly & Jaime Chapman
Five-Eighth: Tarryn Aiken
Halfback: Raecene McGregor
Prop: Millie Boyle & Caitlan Johnston
Hooker: Destiny Brill
Second Row: Olivia Kernick & Amber Hall
Lock: Keilee Joseph
The Players’ Dream Team is dominated by Sydney Roosters players following their undefeated regular season, with seven Roosters players – Bremner, Tufuga, Kelly, McGregor, Brill, Kernick and Joseph – making the final 13.
Boyle and Johnston from Grand Finalists the Newcastle Knights take up both prop positions, while Robinson, Chapman, Aiken and Hall from the Brisbane Broncos round out the Players’ Dream Team.
The inaugural Players’ Dream Team was announced for the 2021 NRLW season, and four players – Chapman, Boyle, Hall and Brill – feature on the list for a second time.
Lina Caccamo, the RLPA’s GM of Elite Women and International Relations, praised the 13 players from the NRLW who were chosen by their fellow players to feature in the 2022 Players’ Dream Team:
“The 2022 season has been another inspiring display of great athleticism, skill, courage and physicality from the NRLW players. Each season, the players keep raising the bar and delivering excellent performances for their clubs and the fans.
“At the core of The Players’ Awards is the ethos of respect meeting rivalry. In the NRLW competition, the players never take a backward step against each other, and at the same time they have a huge amount of respect for the dedication and the sacrifices every player makes to train hard and take the field.
“The calibre of competition this season wouldn’t have made voting an easy exercise for any of the players. It is a huge honour to be chosen by your fellow players as the best player in your position for that NRLW season – it’s their votes and the players have selected the best 13.
“The RLPA would like to congratulate these 13 outstanding players for being voted into the Players’ Dream Team by their peers.”
The individual Players’ Champion awards for the NRL and NRLW competitions will be announced on Channel Nine at half-time of the NRL Grand Final.
- 2 – Jaime Chapman, Amber Hall, Millie Boyle, Destiny Brill.
Previous Players’ Dream Team from the NRLW:
- 2021: Emma Tonegato, Karina Brown, Jaime Chapman, Shenae Ciesiolka, Teagan Berry, Taliah Fuimaono, Rachael Pearson, Elsie Albert, Lauren Brown, Millie Boyle, Amber Hall, Shaniah Power, Destiny Brill.
How the voting works:
- Players are eligible for selection in a position they primarily played for the relevant season. This means a player cannot be eligible for selection in more than one position.
- Voting is open to all contracted NRLW players.
- Each player nominates a maximum of one player per position, out of the list of eligible players. However, they are not able to vote for players on their current team.
- The player with the highest point total for each individual position is selected in the Dream Team.
The Players’ Awards schedule announced on Channel 9:
October 2: The Players’ Champion (NRL & NRLW)