Posted by RLPA
Join the RLPA Team – Player Operations Manager
A new and exciting job opportunity is now available to join the RLPA Team in the role of Player Operations Manager.
View a summary of the position below – or read the full job description and application details on the Global Elite Sports website.
ABOUT THE RLPA
The Rugby League Players Association (RLPA) is the representative body of elite rugby league players in Australia, protecting and promoting the welfare and interests of its members. RLPA members are those players contracted to play in the National Rugby League (NRL) and State based competitions. Their mandate is to protect and advance the interests of future, current and past Rugby League Players and proactively contribute to the development of the Game.
The Player Operations Manager will be critical to the success of the RLPA through engaging, supporting and working collaboratively with their members including (but not limited to) Indigenous, Pasifika, Elite Women and/or Past Players (0-5 years) in order to protect and advance their interests.
You will be responsible for protecting and advancing the interests of the players and the game of Rugby League through working collaboratively with other key industry stakeholders to drive a high level of trust and engagement with the RLPA and advocating for fair outcomes and/or positive change.
You will need to communicate effectively with NRL Clubs and Players to gain an understanding of CBA compliance and complement the support they are providing Players as well as gathering insights and knowledge that will help strengthen the RLPA services to its members and inform the RLPA’s advocacy for positive change. You will be required to manage key areas of the RLPA business and lead a range of projects under the RLPA Strategic Plan as well as preparing and presenting various proposals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate will be self-sufficient, positive, resilient, a team player, motivated and will need to be able to demonstrate previous experience within a similar role.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong advocacy, problem solving and collaboration skills, possess outstanding communication skills (both written and oral) and have the ability to develop excellent relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders and ages.
- The role will require you to have courage and conviction in order to achieve fair outcomes and / or drive positive change for the RLPA’s members.
- Qualifications or experience in sports management, business, advocacy, law, education, politics and / or high-performance sport will be favourably considered.
- Experience working in the NRL or another sporting code as well as a deep empathy / passion for the interests of athletes will be highly regarded.
This is a rare opportunity to work within one of Australia’s leading sports to help deliver the best possible outcomes for its Players and the Game at an exciting time for the RLPA with the collective bargaining agreement confirmed and the credibility of the organisation at an all-time high.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Friday 9th March, 2018